Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wonderfully Boring

Reading old blogs makes me want to write again, but I find that there is little to write about these days. When I was traveling a lot, writing about misadventures was par for the course - being disconnected from the normal day to day routine made life (and talking about it) exciting. Some of my best stories involve traveling mishaps - flying into the wrong airport in Korea, realizing at the last minute that a US citizen needed a visa to get into Australia... now, it's just me and my books and studying. And episodes of How I Met Your Mother.

But I should keep blogging. Blogging is one of those unique types of writing where it challenges me to make things accessible and not quite academic. Besides, if I just go off in academic jargon, that's boring to everyone but me. Honestly.

That being said, this is a unique way of writing because while it's a public forum and there is some filtering that goes along with blogging, I doubt anyone reads this anyway. But that being in the back of my head makes this type of writing considerably different than say, what I write in my journal, or what I write in 750words (which is mostly academic).

I have been Ingressing a lot lately. I actually bought an extended battery for my phone so I could play it. Yea, that's right. That's probably the most major excitement in my life at the moment. Oh, and there was a Werewolf night last weekend, and a barely bearable hour of Truckstop, where I looked at my watch every 5 minutes or so to see if I could leave yet.

No comments: