Tuesday, April 26, 2011

grad school = death to thinking?

I've been procrastinating on writing this paper and reading old xanga entries. And I had good thoughts! Good questions! Like this one:

I've been thinking about this concept of heaven, and eternal happiness, and all that. And I have some questions.

First off, if I ever get to heaven, how old am I going to be, for eternity? If I see my grandparents, my great grandparents, how old will they be?

Secondly, scenerio: I am deeply in love with someone. A live-by-this-person, die-by-this-person sort of love. And this person dies in a freak accident. My world is crushed, but I live on. And I eventually meet someone else, with whom I fall deeply in love, and spend the rest of my life with, but I am still in love with person #1. Who am I going to spend eternal paradise with - my first true love, or the true love that I spent my whole life with?

How does it work?


>>>>

That's a good question, right?? I mean, and now, in grad school, all of my questions are like "what are the hegemonic implications of the totalitarian system under which our government idealizes certain values and norms by which all individuals within the system must function?" or something like that?

No comments: