Monday, June 28, 2010

Abercrombie & Fitch - the non-answer

This is the most ridiculous non-answer I've ever gotten, with a not-so-subtle advertising twist to it that disgustingly perpetuates the consumerist, narcissistic culture of America.

Yes, I bought shorts from Abercrombie and Fitch. I'm not all that sweet and innocent. I bought the shorts online and wanted to ask if they had zippers or buttons. This was the response I got:

>>>>>>>
Hey ,

The best way to find out details about our products-like whether the shorts are button up or zip-is to see the products face to face. We suggest heading to your nearest A&F store.

But we understand you can’t always do that. Here at A&F, we strive to set trends-not follow them-so you can be sure that whatever you order from us is going to be as popular as it is fashion-forward.

If for some reason you’re unhappy with what you ordered, no problem. Just use our simple return and exchange process. You can either send back the items that don’t work or take them to any of our A&F stores for a refund. But we think you’ll love our style as much as we do.

Rachael
Customer Service
Abercrombie & Fitch

Check us out!
>>>>>>>>>

I feel like I want to scrub myself clean from that whole "we're going to tell you what you SHOULD like" brain-washy attitude that reeks from its pores. Plus, ok, thanks for a response, but no thanks for the non-response. They didn't answer my question! I don't think the question is really that difficult. This just feels like laziness on their part.

Come on, put in a little bit of effort, Abercrombie & Fitch. After the whole disaster with your racially incorrect T-shirts in 2002 where you implied that people who look like me are "wong" (or, wrong, is what you implied with your "Two Wongs Make a White, Wong Brothers Laundry" shirts) and would be better off "white," I'm willing to get over it and give you good money. The least you can do is tell me what I'm purchasing rather than giving me what equates to an automated message with my inquiry inserted in sloppily. Seriously, this is a response I would expect from someone really really dumb. Maybe those are the only kind of people you're able to hire because anyone with a brain can see through your bullshit in a second.

Wow. Reading my last three posts, I realize I'm on a roll here with whining and complaining about stuff. Sorry, dear readers. All 2 of you.

1 comment:

Gayle Gatchalian said...

and now your have three. :-P