Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Good ear?

So, I'm sure by this point, everyone's heard of this ukulele kid (playing Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours"). And I think a good number of people have probably seen his cover of Jake Shimabukuro's cover of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

Cute he absolutely is. Criticism aside, this kid either has a great teacher who's teaching him all the tabs for these songs, or he simply has a great ear. I'm going for the latter, because it doesn't look like he's "learning tabs". Really convinced he's playing by ear. If that's actually the case, that's friggin' amazing.

I didn't really have a point with this post - well, I do, but to get to it would take several pages, and I must to bed. If I feel inspired to write later, perhaps I shall. All this should be read aloud with a British accent.

No comments: