Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hacker/Scam alert

If you get this from a friend, it's a scam:

"This had to come in a hurry and it has left me in a devastating state.We are in some terrible situation and I'm really going to need your urgent help.Some days ago,unannounced we came to visit resort center in Leicester Square.City London,but we got mugged by
some hoodlums and lost all my cash,credit cards,and cellphones,I was little injured but i thank god we are fine,we are financially stranded right now and our return flight leaves in few hours time but I need some money to clear some bills,So all I can do now is
pay cash and get out of here quickly.I do not want to make a scene of this why I did not call my house,this is embarrassing enough.I was wondering if you could loan me some cash,I promise I'll refund it to you once we arrived home, hope to read from you as soon as possible."

Makes me laugh a little, how transparent these things are now.

No comments: